Wednesday 21 September 2011

Fiasco of life

Spending days...Weeks...months in a lonely place …eating all the meals alone…doing all the things on your own….this is what I have been doing for the past 2 months…while ‘working on only week ends’

This is what I do during the week days….Refreshing inbox again n again n again……Whopping happiness when you see the phone ringing and get disappointed if it is about a silly promotional offer they are having…… (God, I hate them, especially when you are waiting for someone’s call or a text) and oh yeah! Today I ate the guy’s brain who called me from Vodafone to about switching from pre paid to post paid….. I was quite (me being quite….no way)for all the 10 mins he took to explain all the ‘benefits’ I can have if I go for postpaid (B/W Do they have a time limit to do this, because that guy was so fast, I couldn’t understand half the things anyway) , I couldn’t play my ‘dumb role’ anymore and told him 101 reasons for why pre paid is better than post pain?

This is how it went…

V1: Good afternoon ma’am, I am calling from Vodafone to tell you some exciting offer we have! But before I do that can you please tell me your phone number? (hello, you called me without knowing my number!)

Me: ok, here it is 0000000000..

V1: thanks for providing me your number, may I know your full name?

Me: okayyyyyyy….it’s Eswari parvathaneni

V1: Thanks parvathi ( PARVATHI????????????? Of course it is a synonym but that’s not my name)

Me: It’s Eswari

V1: oh, sorry.. I thought it’s parvathi.. ok I want to tell you about the benefit of switching from postpaid to prepaid ma’am, we are having a very good offer, you just pay 250 rs a month and you get 300 free mins to call anywhere in India, once you cross your 300 free minutes, you just need to pay 25p/m for Vodafone-vodafone calls and 30 p/m for Vodafone-other networks. This is a very good offer ma’am, and even the procedure to switch is very simple ma’am, you don’t need do anything (no need to pay the bill? :)) , you pay this much for sms, this much for STD calls, ma’am do you have friends abroad? (yeah loads :), but he didn’t wait for me to answer :(), we have very good tariff for international calls as well and roaming charges are absolutely less with postpaid ma’am. Do you want to switch?

Me: ……………………………………………………………..

V1: Ma’am are you there?

Me: ………………………………………………………….

V1: ma’am do you want to know more details?

Me: oh, no, thanks for all the details… (Should I stop here? No way, how can I do this, remember I hate playing mute button)

Eswari back to herself…. So you were telling me that I can get 300 free mins for 250 rs rental?

V1: yes, that’s right!

Eswari: ok, but what’s the point? coz I am getting 603 free mins for 201 recharge on prepaid!

V1: Is it? ok how much it’s costing you for each call (trying to be smart)

Eswari: approx 30p/m!

V1: you see ma’am, 30 p/m to all calls, but if you are on postpaid you pay 25 p/m Vodafone numbers and 30 p/m for other networks

Eswari : I think you are missing a point here, these are 603 free mins I am talking about

V1: yes ma’am , but you are paying 30 p/m to all calls, and with postpaid you pay only 25 p to Vodafone calls

Eswari: ok, I think you are not getting my point, I am getting more free minutes on prepaid than postpaid

V1: but you are paying 30p/m ma’am (a big sigh…………………)

Eswari: where is the point of paying here, I am talking about the more free minutes I am getting

V1:…………………………………………………………………..

Eswari: are you there? You want more details :P

V1: no ma’am, so you are happy with pre-paid

Eswari: Yes, I am!


Anyway… it’s the only exciting part of today! In fact for this entire week..

And why did name this post as ‘fiasco of life’…….staying alone is a not a fiasco, but missing friends is a fiasco…


Leave a Reply

 
 

views in numbers